Effective on February 11, 2021
Our mission is to create Digital Financial Services Infrastructure for the World to bring billions of people into the formal economy. Our services are designed to promote economic opportunity for our members by enabling fundraising, social innovations, social change through exchange of ideas and find opportunities in a network of trusted relationships.
1. Registered Users and Visitors
When you register and join with SYNE, you become a registered user. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor or Guest.”
Registered users are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., followers) and (3) follow the law. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you delete it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your organisations), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. organisations), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
3. User Agreement
You are entering into this Contract with SYNE (also referred to as “we” and “us”). We use the term “Designated Countries” to refer to countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland. If you reside in the “Designated Countries”, you are entering into this Contract with SYNE PAY LIMITED (“domiciled in Ireland”) and SYNE PAY LIMITED will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
If you reside outside of the “Designated Countries”, you are entering into this Contract with SYNE Australia Pty Limited and SYNE will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16. To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one SYNE account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by SYNE from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for SYNE to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
5. Notifications & Messaging
You agree that we will provide notifications and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
6. Sharing of Information
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, stories and articles, your timeline posts, project comments, links to news articles, job postings and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other users, guests or others. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to SYNE registered users, restricting your profile visibility from search). We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.
If you subscribe any of our paid Services (“Subscriptions”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. currency exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date.
- All of your purchases of Services are subject to SYNE refund policy.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
You can get a copy of your invoice through your SYNE account settings under Subscriptions.
8. Service Availability
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
9. SYNE Services
SYNE is having an online community of members who comply with SYNE Policies to raise funds to fulfil their dreams of starting, running and growing their own business, to get projects started, or to raise funds for charitable projects.
SYNE allows individuals, groups and organisations to list campaigns and raise funds through funding, donations, and/or services (“Rewards”) from members and guests. SYNE is not directly involved in the transaction between Project Creators and Supporters.
SYNE has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of Projects or Rewards listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Project Creator to complete the Project or Rewards, or the ability of a Project Supporter to actually pay promised monies.
SYNE cannot ensure that a Supporter or a Creator will actually complete a transaction. Consequently, SYNE does not transfer legal ownership of any sort of Rewards from the Campaign Supporter to the Campaign Creator. SYNE cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a member unless it is a verified member. SYNE recommend that you check the member’s bio and history on the site for background information and do your own research before providing funds.
SYNE is a venue and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other members, or outside parties on SYNE. You agree that use of SYNE services is at your own risk.
10. Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Incentives, Items and Activities
You agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on, and regarding, SYNE and any and all data, text, information, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, “Content”) that you submit, post, and display on SYNE.
Your Content and your use of SYNE shall not:
- Be false, inaccurate or misleading
- Be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items
- Be obscene or contain child pornography
- Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information Host images not part of a listing
- Infringe upon any third-party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- Violate this Agreement, any site policies, any community guidelines, any project and campaign guidelines, or any applicable laws, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising) Contain items that have been identified by your local government as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall
- Be defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, or impersonate or intimidate any person (including SYNE staff or other users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
- Modify, adapt or hack SYNE or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with SYNE; Appear to create liability for SYNE or cause SYNE to lose (in whole or in part) the services of SYNE’s ISPs or other suppliers
11. Rights and Limits
As between you and SYNE, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting SYNE and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by deleting your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
- You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. SYNE may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
12. Personal Data
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services, you agree that SYNE can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
13. Content, Apps and Third Parties
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. SYNE generally does not review content provided by our registered users or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other users’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let users notify on the latest activities.
You acknowledge that SYNE does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) SYNE is not responsible for the offering or procurement of these services, (2) SYNE does not endorse any particular user’s offered services.
If you are a user or an organisation offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses and will provide services consistent with our policies. Similarly, SYNE may help you register for and/or attend events organized by users, organisations and connect with other users who are attendees at such events. You agree that (1) SYNE is not responsible for the conduct of any of the users or other attendees at such events, (2) SYNE does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services, (3) SYNE does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
14. Intellectual Property Rights
SYNE reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. The name SYNE, and its logo with the exponent and other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNE.
15. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
NO WARRANTY: SYNE AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SYNE AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SYNE, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
SYNE AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO SYNE FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY.
Both you and SYNE may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. However, certain elements shall survive termination including our rights to use and disclose your feedback; Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services; Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
17. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence. If you live in the Designated Countries: You and SYNE PAY LIMITED agree that the laws of Ireland, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and SYNE PAY LIMITED agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Dublin, Ireland, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Dublin, Ireland.
For others outside of Designated Countries: You and SYNE agree that the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and SYNE both agree that all claims and disputes can be litigated only in the federal or state courts in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia and you and SYNE each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
19. How to Contact Us
For general inquiries, you may contact us online. For legal notices or service of process, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org.